Staying open and transparent, while keeping you informed is very important to us. We’ve listened to all the feedback regarding our status page and we completely agree it wasn’t meeting expectations. Because of this, we’ve launched a brand new status page.
The previous status page that is built into our billing system was lacking many features. Just a few of them where:
- No automatic notifications on new incidents or updates
- Updates has to be formatted manually with the date and time
- Statuses where very limited
- No option to post on Social Media. We can now post updates to our Twitter Status Account.
Our new service status page will allow us to keep customers better informed of maintenance and outage notifications. In addition to better notifications, we have fully integrated this status page with our billing system. Allowing us to automatically post maintenance and incident reports on the homepage of our client portal.
Outages on our client hosting servers will now automatically be detected by our uptime monitoring system and piped into the status page, creating an automatic indecent report and notifying our technicians within minutes. This results in a huge improvement over our previous status page and will allow us to keep customers informed in the shortest amount of time possible.
You can now subscribe for updates at monstermegs.instatus.com via email, Slack, Discord, Microsoft Teams or use the RSS feed to import it into your team’s RSS feed client. Within the next 2 weeks we will also have SMS notifications available.
New Segmented Status Page Features
You can now see details regarding disruptions in service (including outages and maintenance) to the following:
- MyMonsterMegs: Hosting control panel.
- Monstermegs.com: Website, affiliate program, and blog.
- Non-Hosting Servers: Backup, monitoring, and DNS cluster servers.
- Cloudflare: Many of our customers use Cloudflare DNS and Proxy service. They now can see if there are any outages or issues with Cloudflare, directly from our status page.